The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

(Solved) - Android Performance

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by xjelly
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 702 times

xjelly

Hello everyone. Is defrag my android really increase my performance because some sites say it is just a scam. Can you guys recommend me some apps to increase android performance and some useful tweaks. By the way, I have Xperia S and Android 4.0.2. TQ everyone for your time ..

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Your android device has solid state memory. There is no need to defrag solid state devices.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

There is probably little you can do. I am very happy with the Android performance on my Nexus 7. But that has a quadcore CPU (Tegra 3) versus the duo core Qualcom in the Xperia S. Maybe that makes the difference. Although the Qualcom has a higher clock speed than the Tegra 3.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

@xjelly... is your phone rooted or running the stock ROM?
There are some good tweak apps and cache clearing apps on the market, but most require root.

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

doctordeere... I did not root my phone. it is risky ???

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Some devices are, others are not. I'm not familiar with your exact phone, so I can't say. Search both the Cyanogenmod and XDA-Developers websites for device-specific information, then decide if rooting is something you feel comfortable with.

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

Did you have a look at this: http://androidforums.com/xperi.....guide.html

Posted 1 year ago

xjelly

anyway... are there any I can do to speedup my android ??? If we can defrag our PC, what can we do with our android ???

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

xjelly, Android is not windows, please read whs's link above.
Smartphones are solid state (non spinning) and therefore do not require defragging, the OS will surely look after itself.
Don't invoke something that is not required, don't fix what is not broke

Mike

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!