The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Android Honeycomb flash hang fix?

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Gemini
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 300 times

Gemini

I made the mistake of purchasing a Sony nsz-gs7 and among its other drawbacks is the fact that Chrome is apparently the only compatible web browser. As per other posts on the topic, the flash plugin hangs in Chrome. Unlike other posts, though, the nsz-gs7 does not allow access to the plugins; i.e., typing 'about:plugins' in the address bar yields nothing. SONY 'Technical Support' was of no help whatsoever (and tried to fob me off with nonsense talk) when I asked for the technique required to get to the plugins. As per advice given to others with this problem in this forum, where you can type 'about:plugins' in the address bar with Windows Chrome, it's not possible on the Android Honeycomb OS installed on the nsz-gs7. Is anyone able to explain, please, how the flash problem can be corrected for this Sony box marketed as an internet tv device? Being across the U.S. presidential election requires MSNBC and I can't cope with Rachel Maddow hanging mid-sentence.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi

Please post a topic only once. We will see it. ref. http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=3

Closing this one.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.