The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Android: Build.prop change from How-To, and the problems it caused

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by hideouspenguinboy
  • Latest reply from hideouspenguinboy
  • Topic Viewed 493 times

hideouspenguinboy

So, I have a Sprint HTC Hero, running Cynogen7. I *should* be able to play Ingress, but Google Play wasn't letting me install it. Well, was I happy when I saw the how-to-install-incompatible-android-apps-from-google-play http://www.howtogeek.com/11645.....ogle-play/ . It was easy to follow and I was confident I would be turning people into aliens by nightfall. Then I rebooted my phone and waited... and waited... and waited. I'm stuck on the load screen forever.

Too late, I read further down the comments and before comments were turned off, some people were having the same problem I was now having. No responses were given. The option of posting on the forums about it was given, so here I am. I certainly would like to have a phone/GPS/email for thanksgiving. Please help!

Posted 1 year ago

GuiltySpark

Hi hpb ,

Welcome to HTG ,

If you are constantly stuck at the load screen, then I would do a Factory Restore, just make sure you remove any SD cards that may be in the phone and transfer anything you may want to keep to it.

Posted 1 year ago

hideouspenguinboy

After a moment of freaking out, I just reloaded Cyno7 and Google apps. I'm still very interested in what went wrong so I can get this hack to work, though.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.