The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

(Solved) - Alternative to Java?

(7 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Drizzle
  • Latest reply from StringJunky
  • Topic Viewed 553 times

Drizzle

Grandson likes to play 'Minecraft' but I have Java disabled and it will not download until I allow Java.... as I find Java is unstable and my plugin tells me there is unstability.
'Q' Is there an alternative which I can download for him to play the programme.????

Be back later. Many thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt

Hi Drizzle. Maybe this will answer your query.
http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/947497

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Thanks Jim..

Yes that is what I did, I enabled it for him whilst he was visiting, but each day I always run C Cleaner anyway, and in between days I ran extra scans with the usuals,SAS Malaware, and of course I have my own AV, that runs a check daily also spyware blaster in the back ground..

But I just know how flippin Java can become a pain in the proverbial CHOL!!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

XxChungxX

From what I have seen so far, i haven't come across a alternative program

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt

Drizzle, it seems you are doing about the only thing you can do to protect your computer.
In short, there is NO alternative to Java.

Actually, I uninstalled Java some 3 to 4 months ago and so far nothing has demanded that I install/Need it yet.

Your choice,
Jim

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle

Thanks both for reply.

Flippin nightmare, will have to continue with enable /disable on his visits, as this is his latest craze, and Grandma has to watch him build his fantasy world.
So at least if he trusts his grandma, to want me, to join him,on that and his other games,I am not complaining,and if he tries something new , he always asks is it ok to download.
So I enjoy it while it lasts,( probably thinks he may gain extra minutes on the computer, if I become involved CHOL!!!!!)

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

StringJunky

In Chrome you can selectively enable plugins for specific websites one time or all the time called Click To Play. Mozilla is supposed to be implementing this method sometime.

http://www.informationweek.com...../240147408

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.