(8 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 16477 times

SarahJames
SarahJames

Giveaway of the day has Total Privacy 5 up for download:

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/total-privacy-5/

I have this from a previous time they put it up and it is a real nice cleaner.
(OK, I'll admit CCleaner is free and does about the same, but I thought it would be nice to put this up anyway;-D)

Posted 5 years ago

dreamcatcherco

Thanks, SarahJames. I like CC cleaner so I downloaded this one. Did you know I am looking for you? I found your post about using DriveImage XML to make a mirror image of your primary disk. That's exactly what I did fairly recently and then most recently I am having a computer crisis I don't know how to resolve yet. If I have usable data saved from Drive Image on my external disk I will be able to save myself a lot of work and consternation. Please see my post from earlier today for the whole sad story of my OS crash. I am stuck at the point of making a BartPE disk. I don't have Nero on my system--can you or someone else there maybe help me figure out how to get my C drive back? Who or where should I turn to?--I really dislike this system the way it is from the factory, it is way way slow, and it isn't protected as efficiently as it was with my Kaspersky 2009. Only problem with this Total Privacy download is that I'm hopefully going to be able to wipe this drive clean and put the good stuff back on it. I can put it on my external drive. Anyway, thanks & please see my earlier post if you would be so kind.

Posted 5 years ago

drifta
drifta

i rekon a better altrenative ot cc cleaner is Uniblue Registry Booster, it is not free but it has show to find things that cc cleaner has been unable to find.
if u do not want to pay cc cleaner is the best i rekon

Posted 5 years ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

@ drifta - I prefer freeware too, and CCleaner is not only free, but very good too. But every now and again I see something on GAOTD which might be nice, so I put it up here. That's all:)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

drifta, I would be careful with those "thorough" registry cleaners. They sometimes do more harm than good. That is the good part of CCleaner. It is safe because it is very conservative and does not touch stuff where it is not certain.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

4 years ago i bought webroot's window washer and received every update so far. it's an impressive cleaner now. it can clean the free space and make a bootable disk eraser or be set to clean at intervals. everything i've read so far says registry cleaners do more harm than good. i just set vista disk defrag to start every night.

Posted 5 years ago

drifta
drifta

EVERY NIGHT!
thats going abit too far isnt it?
Wouldnt that damage the disk btw?
@ whs, the only reason i use uniblue is because it is Gold Certified by microsoft, it also has registry defrag which i run about every 2 months

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

drifta, if it works - no problem. I just wanted to point out, that registry cleaning has it's downsides. Many people say it is not worth doing it alltogether. And on the Defrag you are right - once a week should be the most frequent. For normal use, once a month is OK too.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!