SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Advices how to install Windows 7 on Vista SP2?

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by GoldenQueen
  • Latest reply from whs
  • Topic Viewed 420 times

GoldenQueen

I am about to install Windows 7 on top of Vista SP2 ...
I am sure I need some advices on that ...so please
Help me not to make too much "boosboos"
I have it with me...I will wait until you gave me advices

Thank you for everything Again and Again

YourCanadianFriend Goldie :)

Posted 4 years ago

Bartman

If you want to upgrade, here's how: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....windows-7/

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

ispalten

Besides following the link above, all I can says is BACK-UP before starting.

I did just what you did, in UPGRADE mode.

I have a fairly fast Intel i7-920 with my C: consuming about 50GB's. It took 3 1/2 hours to complete install!!! A clean install of course is much faster.

After install completed I had 2 new folders, saved Vista files needed for my apps and there as 'back-ups'.

Much to my surprise, I never needed them. I did find a few programs that needed re-installing, but otherwise, only one program had to be removed, DVD Flick, continual BSOD's, but I never tried a re-install to check if it would be fixed. I might have had to do some other removals, but I can't remember, I did the upgrade 6 weeks ago and have never looked back.

Irv S.

Posted 4 years ago

GoldenQueen

Thank you Bartman ...its been a cool one...now like ispelten said...dont s**** up Goldie
and things will be great ...

YourCanadianFriend is going to start the Windows 7
if I have problems be sure I will be back lol

Posted 4 years ago

whs

Goldie, this is not a good idea - I think. A lot of people had trouble with the upgrade installations. I suggest you save all your data to an external device and do a clean install. You can do that even with an upgrade disk. Here is how. It is going to be a lot faster. And when you are done, just reimport your data files. You can even leave some on the external and include them into the Win7 Libraries. Just right click on the file on the external - you'll see.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.