How-To Geek Forums / Build Your Own PC

Advice on First Build

(28 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Shatto
  • Latest reply from Shatto
  • Topic Viewed 1154 times

whs
whs

The Vextor is a good choice. I only mentioned this Sundisk because it was a 256GB for little more money than the 128GB Vector. And the performance is comparable (except in random write).

You can compare here: http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/730?vs=736

Posted 1 year ago

jcx
jcx

@ Shatto- Hey you'll def need more mem than 2.0 on your ssd, it'll cost bt that means you'll
probably be able to forget the hard drive option you've got down, saving money there means
u can go on to a better case, I'd def b looking @ something with @least 5 built in fans, & 1 big top
4 your radon, that kind of graphics will put out some heat eh, + what your CPU will b doing.
Good choice however with the power supply corsair top of the line silver 2,
(make sure u buy certified)
BTW if your looking @ bf 3 you'll need the newer-longer monitors there a stickler on that.
on red-led honestly if I was you I'd save myself a lot of hassle & just get a decent case.
Happy building- hope to here from u if/&wen u make it to your bios! good luck.

Posted 1 year ago

jcx
jcx

Ps: Just like Ronnie say's- all of that HD- motherboard tweaking I did & so will u @ your bio.
Also remember if your looking for high end all video card brands r copy's from NVIDIA.

Posted 1 year ago

Shatto

What GPU would be better? A Sapphire vapor-x 7970 GHz 6GB or a evga GTX 680 FTW 4GB The price isn't an issue

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

http://www.videocardbenchmark......gpus.html#

Posted 1 year ago

GuitarManJack

I agree with what raphoenix said earlier. I wouldn't call it wasting your money when we are so close to june, but it certainly isn't spending it wisely. I am in the same situation, where I can rune certain games on low settings, but would like a lot more. I am planning on getting the new ones that come out and am ready for some long lasting gaming :)

-----------------------------
Jack
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: Please do not post spam links or self promotion not having to do with the topic. -- GModX

Posted 1 year ago

jcx
jcx

@ Shatto- Your right there, there practically the same price.
Purely on looks I'd go for the 2nd op, as nt so many fans to
worry about.
pity its nt in stock eh.

Posted 1 year ago

Shatto

@jcx if I pick the evga it'll be fine, they restock and I'm planning on buying in about a month

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.