How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Adobe Photoshop Elements Compatibility with Windows 7

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by cas34
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 497 times

cas34
cas34

I was wondering if anyone knows what is the earliest version of this software that is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit?

I would like to purchase this software but version 9-10 is out of my price range so was hoping I could get an earlier version. I tried using gimp but found it hard to find my way about.

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

Google it and also put a wanted on the buy/sell forum here.

Posted 2 years ago

cas34
cas34

I should have said that I already googled it and did not get a definitive answer as there are conflicting answers out there so I thought I would ask the geeks :D

Some people say 6,7 and 8 run in 64 bit but do not have 100% functionality, some people say they work and other saying they did not get it to work. From what I read I am more inclined to think they do run but have some issues, therefore, I am wondering if I am right and if so how bad is the loss of some functionality. Should I get version 9 instead?

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I would take the answer 1. by Ankush Ved, Adobe Employee because it makes the most sense.
http://forums.adobe.com/thread.....8;tstart=0

Simply restated, one cannot expect older software to run perfectly on an O/S which had not been invented.

It might, might not or might have to have patches and different methods of loading / running.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

Bumpkin

PSE 7 runs on Windows7/64, there is a patch to 7.0.3 but is only to keep the online stuff from popping up.

I use PSE 8 with Windows7/64 and also a Windows95 vintage Photoshop 4 (not Elements). I had to copy, not install the program and have had no problems.

Posted 2 years ago

cas34
cas34

Thanks guys, quick question Bumpkin, have you had any issues with version 8 running on 64 bit?

Posted 2 years ago

Bumpkin

No problems at all.

If you get a good deal on 8, go for it!

Posted 2 years ago

cas34
cas34

cheers for that was much appreciated.

Going to take a look about and see what is the best deal I can get on version 8. Please feel free to close this thread. :D

Posted 2 years ago

warlock
warlock

You can still post a wanted on the buy/sell forum. Never know.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.