SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Adobe Acrobat Professional X Windows without the disc.

(13 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LeMarsMan
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1058 times

LeMarsMan

I want to buy Adobe Acrobat Professional X Windows. I can get it for $127.00 at LexiMart. It does not come with a disc. The website is http://leximart.com/product.php?id_product=249

Is this an okay way to purchase it. If I don't have a disc can I download another copy? I would not want to buy it if I can't ever reinstall it.

Any input appreciated.

LM

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

I would think that the download you get would be the installation package from which you simply make your own disc or back it up and save it on any number of different media as you wish.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I'm very suspicious of this offer. Acrobat X is out of date now that Acrobat XI is out (and has been since last October). I went to the Adobe site and I couldn't find downloads available for X, only XI. The link to LexiMart that you provided is still showing X as being the latest version. Acrobat Pro normally sells for around $400-$500 with a disk. When I ordered the upgrade from Acrobat 9 (which reaches end of life next month) to XI Standard back in November, I got the disk free with free shipping but if I recall correctly, the disk would have been only $9 more plus shipping.

I googled Leximart. I found very few reviews on it and one reference that said it has been in existance only a few months.

Frankly, I would run, fast, not walk, from this offer. First, it's an out of date version. Second, you can't be sure the download is still available (I would want to get the download first to make sure I could get it before shelling out any shekels). Third, the company seems like it could be dodgy (based on little info available on it and the out of date product page). Fourth, at roughly one third of normal retail, the price seems too good to be true.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Googling Adobe Acrobat Professional X Windows there are many places offering it at around that price.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I followed your link, Xhi, and the only ones selling it at those prices were in the Google ads from unknown vendors. I trust Google ads about as far as I can spit upwind in a stiff breeze. The only other ones even selling at full price were Amazon (which I don't trust for software because they and, especially, their Marketplace vendors, have been known to sell counterfeits) and the Mircro$oft store.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Try here

http://software.pricegrabber.c.....be+acrobat

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

That's for Acrobat XI Pro, not X Pro. The OP would be better off and get more bang for his buck if he went for XI, though.

Posted 1 year ago

LeMarsMan

This is a good price. I wonder if this place is reliable.

http://www.softwaresupplygroup.....95200.html

Thanks

LM

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I personally wouldn't buy from them (granted, I'm a bit paranoid but, then, I can't afford to throw away money). The company is a sole proprietorship. The BBB gives them an A rating but the number of complaints have increased in the past year over the previous years (which may or may not mean anything but it does raise a caution flag). A Google search turned up a range of reviews ranging from excellent to fraudulent. One review claimed to have received a couple of pirated keycodes from them. some reviews said cutomer service was great; others said it was horrible, especially when serious complaints were involved. Frankly, there are only three places I will buy high dollar software from: NewEgg, Fry's Electronics, and directly from the manufacurer.

Posted 1 year ago

LeMarsMan

I bought the software and it went well. I sure hope I don't have some pirated keycode I did register it with Adobe and so far so good.

Thanks

LM

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

If you were able to register it with Adobe, then you are fine. I'm glad it worked for you!

Posted 1 year ago

LeMarsMan

Yes, it was registered so I think it will be okay. It was a good price (about 1/2).

Thanks

LM

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Don't forget to make a backup of your installation download file.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!