SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Adding programs into slipstream (Vista/Win7)

(6 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by milnerw
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 5307 times

milnerw
milnerw

Hello HTG Family from Iraq!!!

Sorry I have been away so long. Got extremely busy a few months back while getting ready for deployment. I now have some extra time in the evenings (very little). So hopefully I can feed my addiction to HTG once again.

Right now I am trying to find a way to Slipstream vista/win7 with common programs I use for new installs to save some time. Mostly programs like Firefox, adobe products, anti virus, and so on and so on.

I have found programs that allow you to slipstream service packs into your install, but I can't for the life of me find any to add programs to the list. I'm sure it can be done, since any windows disc you get from dell or any other company has their crap ware installed when you use their disc.

any help is much appreciated.

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

hi milnerw, this site might help you out. Some good reading

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

milnerw
milnerw

germ-x, I think that might work for me. I'll look into it and let you know. Thanks.

Posted 4 years ago

milnerw
milnerw

Well upon further review... I have found that vlite is a great program but it will not allow you to slipstream programs into the install for Vista/Windows 7. nlite will however let you slipstream them into XP.

Any other suggestions?

Posted 4 years ago

StringJunky
StringJunky

T
Hi Milnerw

You need to get the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK) which is big download and then learn it! I don't think it's an easy walkthrough like nLIte.

http://www.microsoft.com/downl.....laylang=en

I looked into it but decided that the time it would take to learn it was easier to make recovery disks copied off my system rather than a tailored installation disk. I used Macrium Reflect to copy my system.

Cheers

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

milnerw,
---
Page (6) posting with links by Rick P.
---
Make yourself a Boot PE. (second to last posting at buttom of page)

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....eplies=107
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!