SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Add Vista's Safely Remove Menus Option To WIN 7 ???????

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by ICYTAZ
  • Latest reply from Ruja
  • Topic Viewed 299 times

ICYTAZ
ICYTAZ

In Windows Vista Microsoft cleverly added the Safey Remove to the right click menu, this is an option which is great and should have been kept for every operating system since. But for some reason it has been removed. For anyone using USB devices this was a great way to quickly remove them. If like me your a Photographer and or work in IT, it was great to quickly remove memory cards and dongles.
There must be a Registry Hack for this or a way to add it to Windows 7. Can anyone help as their is now a number of us who would love to see this feature added to other versions of Windows

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Eject is equivalent to safely remove.

Posted 1 year ago

ICYTAZ
ICYTAZ

Not as safe though when you working with Important data, like photos. There has to be a hack to add the Vista context menu to windows 7. So its the same as vista

Posted 1 year ago

ICYTAZ
ICYTAZ

I've seen the other options but still there has to be a way of copying the vista way of doing it. Cant believe they didn't add it to Windows 7. If vista wasnt so slow and buggy I'd stick with Vista. But I use Safely Remove hundreds of times a week, especially when Archiving, scanning and doing Photoshop for people from memory cards and dongles.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

All safely remove does is insure all files are closed and buffers written. Eject does the same thing. Why not use the safely remove in the system tray like most folks?

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Try this: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....usb-drive/

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!