• Started 2 years ago by jacplus9sillyguys
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 1093 times

jacplus9sillyguys

‎Saturday, ‎December ‎03, ‎2011
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....-in-vista/
How to Add Any Application to the Windows Desktop Right-Click Menu
TWIMC
I have only been using Win7 for 2wks and I came across your how-to-add-any-application to right click. It's an amazing tool but I'm having some difficulty when it comes to this point in your tutorial.(See Below)

To complete this step you’ll need the full path to the application that you want to launch. You can use Shift + Right-Click to get the Copy as Path menu item to find this more quickly. Note: of course, for Notepad you wouldn’t need the full path, but this is just an example
I can shift/right click a dozen times but I do not get "Copy as Path" when I shift/right click. I keep getting the same title box (that's what I call them)
Expand
New
Find...
Delete
Rename
Export
Permissions...
Copy Key Name
I'm not a genius with computers but this seems pretty straight forward. Could it be the mouse or keyboard. Is the answer starring me in the face?Is it because you are using Notepad because you say, "for Notepad you wouldn’t need the full path." Can someone help me? Please

System Info:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC..
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2901 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi

You have to be doing the Shift Right click on a file or a shortcut in order to get the Copy as Path entry. What type of file are you trying to use. Notepad will not work since it is a system file. If it is common to our computers tell us the name you are clicking on.

This is the context menu I get when Shift + RtClick ing on a shortcut on my start bar.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.