[Bounty Claimed! ] Active Desktop in Vista

(45 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from LH
  • Topic Viewed 54665 times

Scott
Scott

williej,

You have the attention of both the Geek and the program writer himself on this thread. Please post more information on the error including screenshots and/or error logs.

Posted 6 years ago

williej

The errors are: "Bitmap image is not valid" error starts first and then "Access violation at address 0048559C in module 'AveDesktopSites.exe'. Read of address 000000008." error repeats itself until I end the process.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Are you opening the .exe in the same unzipped folder as the .dll? If not, please try.

Posted 6 years ago

williej

I am opening the .exe in the same folder as .dll

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

If the 2 files are unzipped to the same folder and you're still getting errors, please be patient, Andreas will visit in the morning.

Posted 6 years ago

williej

I appreciate the support and is there a desktop program similar to dreamescene?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

This ?

http://www.winmatrix.com/forum.....opic=12435

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

williej,

Can this help you? http://home.comcast.net/~van.e.....nce/a.html

Posted 6 years ago

williej

I was ready to make an donation until I notice my desktop icons were missing. Other than that it's a good program.

Posted 6 years ago

Ave

I'm not going to solve your issues if you are not going to use the app at all - this app is not a dreamscene clone.

Posted 6 years ago

vanetten

The SSDream application now has a desktop simulator that draws your desktop icons on the desktop while it's running.

Posted 6 years ago

williej

Thank you vanetten, for the information without malice.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

That's interesting, I hadn't heard of SSDream before, thanks!

williej:

The moderators and the geeks that usually follow this forum try to be as friendly as possible, so hopefully overall you'll be treated well here.

Posted 6 years ago

Santo
Santo

After struggling for some time with errors I was able to install Ave's Active desktop and add a customized htm page(which has animated gif images, website links and this is stored in my notebook) as an active desktop background.
With XP I was able to click on the links and it will directly take me to the websites and the gif animations work perfectly.
But with Ave’s active desktop I am not able to click on any links and the gif animations do not work. It starts and then stops sometimes I need to press the F5 key to refresh for the animations to work.
I hope that Ave will work on this and give us an update. Otherwise the software is good!

Posted 6 years ago

Ave

The app specifically stated that it is not interactive.

Posted 6 years ago

Santo
Santo

Hmm... :-(
Pls try to make it interactive.

Posted 6 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

If you want interactive, you should put a sidebar gadget on the desktop.

Posted 6 years ago

ronspeak

Ave's desktopsite. Looks like a great program but it won't work for me HELP PLEASE!.
I loaded pgm to a download folder, unzipped and clicked .exe. Screen appeared to paste URL.
When finished, a small website appeared on that screen and nowhere else including desktop.
I got an error concerning a "hook" several times. Program does not appear in program
list or in programs folder. Small icon does appear in task tray. I am unable to uninstall
to try again. .exe file can not be deleted. I think the .exe should have put the program
in the program files, but didn't.

Posted 6 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

ron,

We try our best to be friendly here, but you are pushing your luck. You have copied the same post everywhere that you can, and haven't responded to any of our questions.

I've asked you what the actual error message is in the other thread, you never responded.

Please stop spamming the forum, or pay attention and answer the questions, or alternatively just find another application to use.

Posted 6 years ago

ronspeak

This is the first answer I received in 3 days of trying and it wasn't very polite. Good luck in your endeauvers!

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!