How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Activate Win 7 - 64 bit.

(7 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by StokesleyLad
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 535 times

StokesleyLad
StokesleyLad

I took receipt of a new PC and when setting it up activated it on the same day the 9th July 2012.
Today 12th July, up pops a message saying I have 24 days to activate?????
I used the 'Wizard' again to insert the 'key' which they now claim in not valid. I then tried to find a telephone number to sort this problem but Microsoft seem tighter than MI5 on that subject. The 'Wizard' having been used correctly and I believed successfully on the 9th will no longer display the telephone option.
Just what is going on, my PC was purchased from a well trusted UK supplier and activation was accepted on the 9th July - so why this message???
Now I know why people are buying Apple.
Thank you.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike
vistamike

This could be a microsoft update that went pear shaped, I would do a reinstall again..it is not unusual for this to happen.
Ensure option format is done.

Mike

Posted 2 years ago

nosparks

I wouldn't be so quick to reinstall. If nothing else you still have 24 days. Was the operating system already installed when you bought the computer?
Could it be the original wizard activation used an OEM key that differs from the sticker key that you used?

Posted 2 years ago

StokesleyLad
StokesleyLad

Thanks Vistamike & Nosparks, The PC came with W7 installed and having entered all my data on etc and correctly activating the OS on the day of receipt I certainly have no desire to re-install. If it had been activated by the Supplier would it still have shown 30 days to activate??
I've emailed the supplier for assistance and I'll await their reply. However why is Microsoft so secretive about their UK telephone number; every attempt to obtain it on their Site leads to a blank wall 'saying use the Wizard' - well I've news for Microsoft. Once the Wizard has been used it will no longer open to reveal 'activate by telephone'.
Thanks - does anyone know the telephone number please!!!!

Posted 2 years ago

owen123
owen123

Try This: 0844 8002400 (UK)

Posted 2 years ago

StokesleyLad
StokesleyLad

Thank you Owen123, It worked and after explaining I was successfully activated - again - and hopefully it will stick this time.
They do seem to make a mountain out of a molehill to contact them and their 'Help' was of little use. Thank goodness for How to Geek Forums and the kind folk who support it.
Thank you,
Regards.
Norman.

Posted 2 years ago

Xhi
Xhi

ttt

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!