How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Acrobat

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Handthumb
  • Latest reply from Handthumb
  • Topic Viewed 283 times

Handthumb
Handthumb

I don't understand something. I can use autocad, tekla structures, itunes and google at the same time with no problems. I open an acrobat file and it's slow opening, slow scrolling etc. I opened up the resource monitor and I will let it sit at idle & at 1% cpu usage. I scroll through one pdf file and my cpu usage goes nuts and jumps to 38% cpu usage. Anyone have an idea what's going on?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

My recommendation would be to remove Acrobat with Revo uninstaller in Advanced mode removing everything and then download and install the latest. Others here will probably recommend another reader which is also a good solution.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

If I remember you have the machine setup for over clocking so the CPU will start jumping multipliers to O/C when under load.

When not loaded, it should back down to idle usage.

This would be normal operation.

Posted 1 year ago

Handthumb
Handthumb

It was doing it before I started over clocking the cpu. It's just starting to really get on my nerves now. It's strange, I can create a pdf file with 100+ design drawings and never a problem. It seems to happen when I open files from other architects or engineers. At first I thought it was my video card (quadro 4000) because sometimes when I open a dialog box some of it is missing until I click the mouse on it. I will have to try and delete it acrobat and do a re-install though.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!