The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Acer eRecovery Management (v 8.0.6) stuck at 99%

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by cabman
  • Latest reply from cabman
  • Topic Viewed 1902 times

cabman

My Acer laptop (model unknown) seized up so I ran the eRecovery Management program to restore to default. I let it do it's thing as I went to run some errands. I came back 4 hours later (because the program was still running the elapsed time) and the eRecovery was stuck on the last section of the last step (Updating system) at 99%. It's still like that after 2 hours. What can I do to either finish the process or fix my computer outside of the eRecovery Management program?

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

Did e recovery give you a choice?What did you select in e. recovery.. are there any lights flashing/flickering? indicating that it is still in process

Try again.. ensure you are plugged in and with Battery ...
Have you tried at start up

Ctrl+Alt+F8

or Alt=F10

Posted 1 year ago

cabman

It was either restore to default or restore to default and retain user account files. I've tried twice, I can try again (and the battery's plugged in).

Posted 1 year ago

Drizzle
Drizzle

AND to the power supply :):)

Posted 1 year ago

cabman

:P

Posted 1 year ago

cabman

Now I think I've screwed the laptop. It's stuck on Setup is starting services, the boot partition has somehow changed drive letters and I'm sick and tired of not knowing what's going on.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Try the free version of the bootable CD, and change the drive letters,
http://www.partitionwizard.com.....nager.html

Posted 1 year ago

cabman

I have a copy of partition wizard... how do you change drive letters? It only shows me one disk, no letters

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.