SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - acer aspire 7741 64bit speaker problem.

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by 825yva
  • Latest reply from Ruja
  • Topic Viewed 456 times

825yva

my acer aspire 7741 with windows 7. speakers have no sounds. i have no clue what is wrong. the head phone jack work's, along with headphones that plug in to the usb port.
i have tried reformatting the laptop and the problem is still here. i also tried re installing the driver. the speakers volume really never went very loud but could it be possible that they may be blown, or could it be another problem?

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

It could be a problem with the jack reporting all the time that the headphones are connected. Here is a trick you can try to check this:

http://superuser.com/questions.....l-speakers

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

825yva

oh thank you so much! it been almost a year now, and now i have sound. on the link you posted it mentioned that making this change could disable the head phone jack. and that i would have to change the value back to 0. im not worried about that because the headphone jack for some reason on any pair of headphones new or old only plays out of one side any ways. i use the usb headphones and they are fine. thanks again for helping me with the speaker issue.

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Probably both problems are related, the speakers not working and the jack playing only one audio channel (left or right). I have exactly those 2 problems on my Dell (but not permanently, if I have something in between the jack and the cover of the PC, making some pressure, then the speakers work). Probably the jack wears out because of intensive usage. So I do as you do, I have an USB audio card with microphone input and headphones output, and I switch between that and my internal speakers.

I'm glad I could help you, thanks for reporting back, and come back to this forum if you have any other problem.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!