The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Access Restrictions to Wifi

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by aij07
  • Latest reply from aij07
  • Topic Viewed 377 times

aij07

We all know that there's a LOT of geeks in the world. And accessing a very secured wi-fi connection doesn't bother them (sucks). Anyway,

I just want to ask if you are familiar with the applications being used in some hotels here in our country where they can restrict the access of the checked-in guests to wifi not until they availed the service for it. One time, I was checked-in to this hotel and as I open my browser, I was directed to a log-in page requiring for a passcode (provided by the hotel management). From there on, you can now access the Internet. Yes, I am connected to their network but cannot access the Internet not until you avail that code from them.

Any idea? Is it something about programming application or is it with the device?

Thanks. :)

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

This is all part and parcel of the 'deal' you get when you book in to the hotel.
To access the wifi network you will need to have the access code, (either included in your package or added as a plus)

Yes you are connected to their network and the network is asking for the access code.

Overriding is not possible if that is what you are asking

Posted 1 year ago

aij07

I'm sorry for not specifying my need.

I would like to learn how they did such restriction? Is it about the device or an application?

Thanks. :)

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Guest access with multiple SSIDs is usually built into the WiFi router.

Posted 1 year ago

aij07

Really? So, it is something about the device.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.