The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Access 2003 Wizards Conditional Formatting

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by ditakites
  • Latest reply from ditakites
  • Topic Viewed 2764 times

ditakites

I'm a real newbie and just built a very small database for a reading program in the local elementary school. I'm trying to use conditional formatting on a report that I created utilizing the report wizard. Unfortunately this option is greyed out and I can't seem to determine how to change that. Any advice is truly appreciated.
thanks

Posted 5 years ago

mysticgeek

@ ditakites:

Actually I have seen this before. A couple of questions ... which Office Service Pack are you using? Also ... You say you used the Report Wizard to create the report ... I am thinking this might have something to do with the limited options. Let me run a couple of simulations... and I will be able to help you out.

Posted 5 years ago

ditakites

Thanks...I'm using SP3 and I think the problem is wiht the wizard cause when I tried the Desing View, the conditional formatting option was available. However, I did an awful job when I designed my own report so I'd really like to stay with the one I created with the wizard. Appreciate your help!

Posted 5 years ago

ditakites

Ah, I have the answer....with the report open, go to design mode. Make sure the controls tab is engaged on the toolbar. RIGHT click on the field you want to work with and one of the options now is conditional formatting. It's always the simplest solution that is the hardest to find.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!