(Solved) - abnormal service running after every few seconds(10 posts)
- Remove Solved Status
Well to me, it looks like a camera and a DVD/CD recorder with a gear connecting the two?
What digital camera do you have and have you plugged it in lately or about the time this started?
I'm pretty sure this is NOT a service, but an application 'waking' up looking for a USB connection? I'd suggest you do some thing, there are different ways to go about this. One would be to open TASK MANAGER and see what is using CPU power when this happen. You can leave it open and sort by CPU, once you know the name, you can then figure out what to do.
Other ways to 'skin this cat' so to speak. I'll list them and you can GOOGLE for the app if you wish...
- Get SysInternal's Process Explorer, Process Explorer is an advanced process management utility that picks up where Task Manager leaves off. It will show you detailed information about a process including its icon, command-line, full image path, memory statistics, user account, security attributes, and more.
- Get SysInternal's Process Monitor, Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. This is NOT for an inexperienced user though.
- For W7 there is a Gadget called TOP 5, which will show you apps that are running, since this is always open, you can possibly see what is started when it appears on the taskbar.
- What's My Computer Doing is a program that shows active tasks, another that you can open and hopefully capture the filename being run.
- What's Running, another similar program but with more details. Maybe the best bet and it also has arrows show what is starting and closing. Also has a STARTUP tab, it will show what is auto-starting and info about it. Look for a camera folder on that list, it could be the culprit.
- Last, use MSCONFIG, look at the SERVICES and search the web for any that look odd? Best place would be BLACKVIPER.COM site. Also look at the STARTUP tab.
Report back what you find please or if you need more help.
Don't confuse a camera with a web cam, they are different. Wonder if you got file Updates automatically from the Laptop Vendor. I'd almost suspect something is either autostarting or running as a scheduled task due to a s/w update.
Looks like a Camera and Printer to me, odd to find them both together. Cameras and Scanners yes but not usually cams and print. I would also look in Device Manager for any changes that may have been made, and in Control Panel under both Cams/Scanners and Printers in case there is something that requires an update or is only partially installed/configured.
Hi! guys thank you all for your support. I managed to somehow solve my problem and this is how is solved it.
I installed process explorer to view the processes running as isplaten recommended. Found out that, it was ui0detect.exe. I googled the problem and solved it using this link http://blogs.msdn.com/b/patric.....ction.aspx .Using event viewer i managed to locate the file that prompted the unusual behavior.
It was my huawei usb dongle so i just disabled interactive service detection from my system and the problem was solved :)
This topic has been closed to new replies. Please create a new topic instead.