The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Ability to Manually paste album art is suddenly gone in library

(2 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by sjc3414
  • Latest reply from sjc3414
  • Topic Viewed 316 times

sjc3414

I have been manually updating missing album art all day by right clicking and choosing paste album art. suddenly that option is gone and it no longer lets me paste album art to the song or album. any idea why it stopped letting me do that suddenly? Can i fix it?

Also a couple of my music files seem to be protected and I cannot even change or add the details. It is my music. I did not purchase from an online source. the only thing that i have done differently is that I started rating my songs. would that take away the ability to paste album art? Didn't seem t make sense to me.

Thanks so much for your help. I just found your site in trying to fix my problem. I have been updating files all day and they have been updating in my explorer as well. So all was smooth until I lost the ability to past the art manually when i need to . And it happened right out of the blue. I could paste,,,,, then I could not!!??

Thanks for any input that is possible.
sjc3414

Posted 1 year ago

sjc3414

PS. I am running windows 7 and WMP 12.

Any help on why my ability to manually paste album art has disappeared would be greatly appreciated. In some cases I had pasted art, it has disappeared and now I cannot re add it. When I checked the box to allow information to update from the internet...... could that be what screwed me up? I have never really tried to organize my music before so I am new at this. As well as it started off,,,,, Now I am just frustrated by the way WMP seems to have taken over and changed my ability to do things!!!!
Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.