How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

30 Windows 7 tips and tricks from a very respected voice within MS

(5 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from 0zSpitt
  • Topic Viewed 2439 times

Scott
Scott

For anyone with Windows 7, or even thinking about installing it, this is a *must read,

http://blogs.msdn.com/tims/arc.....crets.aspx

Posted 5 years ago

rocky6190
rocky6190

A definate must read, the simplest ones are always the best, i will find this one very handy

One More of the Same, Please. I’ve seen a few folk caught out by this one. If you’ve already got an application open on your desktop (for example, a command prompt window), and you want to open a second instance of the same application, you don’t have to go back to the start menu. You can simply hold down the Shift key while clicking on the taskbar icon, and it will open a new instance of the application rather than switching to the existing application. For a keyboard-free shortcut, you can middle-click with the third mouse button to do the same thing. (This trick assumes that your application supports multiple running instances, naturally.)

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Definitely a very good link. I will have to read this a few times (slow circuits and a defective RAM - LOL).

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

three days later and i finally downloaded and installing it now.

Posted 5 years ago

0zSpitt
0zSpitt

in one hour i've crashed it, blue screened it, eset smart security wont work, i've installed music and now i'm working on dvd's to iso and watching with vlc. the wireless says it connected, but its not connecting. the start menu is awesome. i've added everything to it from control panel.
i installed it on my first build that was just to run linux, it runs excellent on that computer. installing it, i liked how it set itself up. i like everything about it so far, EXCEPT one thing. this is picky, it's like a comment someone would leave on lifehacker as to why vista sucks forever. i can't find a way to make the taskbar decrease in width. it takes up too much space. but it's beta and there's really nothing to complain about. this is the mac and xp killer
also, it's only used 10 gigs of space so far...
an i book marked the link, thanks scott

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!