(27 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by kylonewton
  • Latest reply from kylonewton
  • Topic Viewed 1572 times

kylonewton

Hey again everyone,

This is basically what I've decided,

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/e4Cy

it's way over budget but I can just about afford it. Hopefully it's future proof and hassle free for a long time. If anyone thinks anything is ridiculously stupid please let me know within next 2 or 3 days. Also would anyone be able to make a rough estimate of what windows 8 will cost when it's released?

Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

As a point that is in usd and I presume you use gbp. Windows Usually costs about £110 - 250 depending on spec, and just over half the price on OEM.

Posted 1 year ago

kylonewton

I use euros, but its easy to do the conversions anyway, my true budget was €2,000 including an operating system, but what I have posted above will cost about €2,320 as parts are much more expensive here. I have no problem with paying that as long as there's nothing wasted. Is there a lot of overkill with some of the parts or will it be worth it in the long run?

Posted 1 year ago

kylonewton

bump

Posted 1 year ago

owen123
owen123

Liquid Cooling might be expensive and possible under used unless you OC

16GB Ram - You could get away with 8GB depending on if you are running VMs, and Other High Ram Programs.

2GB Graphics, You Could get away with 1GB.

These are just ways you could cut costs.

Posted 1 year ago

kylonewton

Perfect, I might use the liquid cooling just in case i decide to overclock. The 16GB of RAM comes in a bundle with the motherboard and processor so might as well take it. I'll probably downgrade to a 1GB GPU though.

Done and dusted! Thanks everyone! :) Can't wait to have it up and running now :D

Posted 1 year ago

kylonewton

Hey again everyone, I finally got all the parts outlined in the following link and I'm about to start building tomorrow :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/e4Cy

Just one quick question, it may sound stupid, sorry if it does but will this include all the parts I require such as cables and screws? I want to have everything before I start so I won't have to drive to the store every 5 minutes.

Thanks
Kyle

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!