How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

2 routers.

(4 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Solitary
  • Latest reply from ispalten
  • Topic Viewed 678 times

Solitary

Hi, I am not sure how to do this.
I am running a Dynex router in a separate building from where my Internet box is in the house. I put an ethernet cable going from the router in the house (which is a Netgear) to a separate building and plugged it into the dynex router. It works well, There are 2 networks that I see. One from the Netgear router, and another one from the Dynex router.
What i do not understand how to do, is how to open up the ports? I need to open 53000 port, did manually open them in both router settings, but it is still not opened.
Help?

Posted 5 years ago

ispalten

I am not sure about this, but I think the reason why it doesn't work, you have 2 networks and I think you need one.

Look HERE for an article on setting up the network. I suspect you have DHCP on in both routers which might be part of the problem?

Posted 5 years ago

Solitary

Thank you for the article, but thats exactly how my network is set up.
In that article it indicates that a network will be split in 2, and thats how mine is.

Posted 5 years ago

ispalten

OK, then I'd try TWO Port scanners...

One INTERNAL and the other FROM THE WEB and see what they report?

It could be your FIREWALL doing you in? I searched the web and can't even see what is assigned to port 53000? My McAfee firewall doesn't recognize this as a standard one either?

Irv S.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.