How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

@ Jack (or anyone else who loves metal)

(12 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by Aleeve
  • Latest reply from jack7h3r1pp3r
  • Topic Viewed 1477 times

Aleeve
Aleeve

Jack, go on this website for some awesome internet radio - metal all the way!
I listen to Chronix Aggression, but up to you! http://www.chronixradio.com/

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

cool thx for that i will be vistiting it a lot probs.

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

yeah is brilliant!

Posted 6 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

jack here's a tip, althoug it only works if you have vlc media player or itunes (or a medai player that will play a .pls file)

when u choose the station to listen to, click on the itunes one, then click save
save the file, and then create a shortcut and put it in ur quick launch - now i can get chronix with jsut a win+4!!!!!
is brill - and i made an icon for it, i can send to you if you like

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

since we're talking internet radio. How can I listen to the radio and watch full screen visualizations at the same time. (you know simultaneously:)

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

techgranny, if you are using WMP as your player, you can use the keyboard shortcut Alt+Enter to go full screen. This works whether viewing a video or playing music. There is also a full screen icon that looks like a little box with an arrow pointing up and to the right. On my WMP 11 player it's in the lower right-hand corner. You can also right-click in the player and select "Full Screen" from a pop-up menu.

Annabelle the Sheep in full screen HD, yeah!

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Thanks Scott, but I'm not using WMP. I'm trying to listen to local radio stations.com and watch the media center type visualizations at the same time. I've tried everything, but one won't work without the other. Are there visual dvds' that you can buy and just play the dvd and listen to whatever you want?

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Granny, you ask a question that I find interesting in the following sense: I don't know the answer. You certainly could watch a DVD and mute the sound while listening to some other music play. The problem is that the DVD will play the exact same patterns over and over. What I think you want are music visualizations -- programs that will analyze the music and create a unique visual display that is never the same. Wikipedia has a good article on them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_visualization

However, after reading that I get the impression that all the best visualizations are built into other programs such as WMP or WinAmp. What would be ideal is a visualizer that monitored your audio playback, no matter what the source. Since I know of no such thing, we are back to trying to get whatever player you are using to display a visualization. When you tune into your local radio stations streaming music, what is used to play the music? If it uses a plug-in that plays it from the web browser, there's still a chance that the playback could be routed to another stand-alone player that can handle that streaming format and also do visualizations.

Posted 6 years ago

techgranny
techgranny

Scott, I can't make the online radio and computer visuals work together. DVD is the best option for me. Since I won't be making a career out of watching radio, I don't much care about the repetition or sinc. (it could be swimming fish for all I care) I found this site called winamp.com (I think it's British) that sells visual dvds without audio. Surely there must be something comparable on this side of the pond. If so, can you point me in the right direction?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

"Granny, you ask a question that I find interesting in the following sense: I don't know the answer."
<shaking my head>

Posted 6 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Scott, I throw out little nuggets like that just for people like you who are paying attention. I enjoyed the clever wording of the OP in this thread:
http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....hange-size

Maybe we should start a collection of these.

Posted 6 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

man i am gone for two days and am so far behind that my head hurts a bit or it's because i don't sleep?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!