If you could snap shot a minute of global smartphone usage, what would it look like? It’d look a lot like this infographic from Mobclix.
By collecting data from app publishers, advertising company Mobclix compiled a snapshot of mobile smartphone usage. This 60 second snapshot includes:
- 4,111 Ads tapped
- 400,710 Ad requests–of those, 140,248 are rich media ad requests
- 23,148 Apps downloaded in the App Store
- $2,340 Ad dollars spent in the U.S.
- 180 million coins collected on Tiny Zoo Friends
- 250,000 pieces of fruit sliced on Fruit Ninja
- 208,333 minutes of Angry Birds played
If only you could use your Angry Birds time to mine BitCoins. Alas!
Jason Fitzpatrick is warranty-voiding DIYer and all around geek. When he's not documenting mods and hacks he's doing his best to make sure a generation of college students graduate knowing they should put their pants on one leg at a time and go on to greatness, just like Bruce Dickinson. You can follow him on Google+ if you'd like.
- Published 11/3/11