Are you looking for a way to move your tabs to the side in Firefox and gain access to more vertical UI space? The Vertical Tabs extension for Firefox lets you accomplish both in a matter of moments.
As soon as you install the extension and restart Firefox the Tab Bar will be automatically converted into a shiny new Vertical Tabs Sidebar. All that you have to do is start enjoying the extra vertical UI space.
Some things to keep in mind when using the extension are:
- You can easily adjust the width of the sidebar to suit your needs using the mouse (very nice!)
- The Firefox Menu Button, Panorama Button, and Tab Control controls move to the bottom of the sidebar (see screenshot above)
- You can group tabs if needed or desired
- There is no option available to move the sidebar to the right side of the browser at the moment
- The use of Personas themes (or other themes) may affect how the text for the tabs will look (i.e. a slightly fuzzy shadow effect when not selected as seen in the screenshot above)
Note: Works with Firefox 4.0b7 – 4.0.*
Install the Vertical Tabs Extension [Mozilla Add-ons]
- Published 02/24/11