Do you love the new Metro design and need a native Twitter desktop client for your Windows system too? Then you may want to have a look at MetroTwit.
When you kick-start the MetroTwit exe file it will download the necessary .NET Framework components if you do not already have them installed. Once that is finished it will then download the MetroTwit installation files to ensure that you have the latest release.
MetroTwit will automatically start once the setup process has finished. From there you can quickly modify the layout (i.e. visible columns, etc.), theme, and other UI features to make MetroTwit right at home on your system.
UI features visible in the screenshot above:
- Top: Access the Settings in the center at the top of the window
- Bottom: Add Column, Lists, Refresh, Tweet Window, Search Twitter, User Profile, and Twitter Trends
As you can see here the Settings are laid out nicely and very easy to navigate through.
Features of MetroTwit:
- Drag and drop image support
- TwitLonger support for longer tweets
- Tweet breadcrumbs
- Infinite scrolling
- Auto-complete for user names and hashtags
- Themes and accents
- Resizable and reorderable columns
- What The Trend access
- URL shortening and previews
- Windows 7 Taskbar integration
- Quick-glance notifications
- Flawless high DPI support
Note: Requires .NET Framework 4.0.