Are you looking for a terrific graphics app to use for original painting and artwork creation on your computer? Whether it is for you or the kids, MyPaint is an app that you should definitely have on hand for when those artistic moods come along.
For our example we chose to install MyPaint on Ubuntu 10.10…you can easily find it in the Ubuntu Software Center by doing a quick search. Once you have it installed, all that is left to do is decide if you want to add additional brushes (link provided below) and then start having fun creating your next work of art.
Here are some of MyPaint’s wonderful features:
- Exists for several platforms (Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X)
- Supports pressure sensitive graphics tablets
- Extensive brush creation and configuration options
- Unlimited canvas (you never have to resize)
- Basic layer support
- Comes with a large brush collection including charcoal and ink to emulate real media
MyPaint is fun to use and can quickly become very addicting as you experiment during the creation process!