Being a big music fan I love to cover different audio software applications in search of the ultimate one. Today we take a look at Xion Audio Player which is a completely free, ultra light, easy skinnable, and high quality music player.
The download size of Xion is only 2.5MB and installation is a breeze.
While installing there will be an option to enable automatic checks for new builds.
When the player first start it definitely has a unique interface that can also be minimized.
One of the boasted features is the ability to skin the player with over 540 skins at the time of this writing. Just go to their site to browse the various skins and click one to download and install.
As soon as it installs, the player opens with the new skin.
Here is a full list of features supported by Xion from their website.
- Ultra easy to skin using a powerful skinning system (No coding required!)
- Complete animation support
- Skins load directly from .PSD files, not script or extra files required!
- Powerful playlist support
- Seamless playback
- 10 band equalizer with presets
- Blazingly fast, low cpu and low memory consumption
- MP3/OGG (Shoutcast, etc) internet radio streaming
- Customizable global hotkeys
- Auto play and position saver
- Single click play/pause
- Volume and balance controls
- Full system tray functionality
- MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger Integration
- Future Expansion through Components
- Portable version available
Anther handy feature is being able to control playback and other options by right-clicking the taskbar icon for a full menu.
Currently here are only a couple of plug-ins including a Book Marker and Last.FM Scrobbler.
Xion Player is very light on system resources, play a plethora of audio files, enables hundreds of skins, and plays high quality audio. It officially supports Windows 2000-Vista 32 and 64bit versions and I had no trouble using it with Windows 7. If you are looking for a new and fun to use audio player on your PC then check out Xion Audio Player.
- Published 04/20/09