If you’re a How-To Geek reader and you also support somebody else using Soluto, you’re in luck, because the fine folks over at Soluto are giving away 50 of their Space Invaders t-shirts to our readers.
Space Invaders, you say? Just look at the next image and you’ll see a close-up picture that I took of my own shirt.
You can get your own shirt too, as long as you’re a How-To Geek reader and you support somebody else using Soluto. Keep reading for the details.
Rules for the Giveaway
The rules are simple, but you should read them anyway.
- You must be a Soluto user that supports at least one other person.
- If you aren’t currently a Soluto user, you can sign up using the link below to be counted.
- If you are currently a Soluto user, you can email them at email@example.com and give them the email address that you use for Soluto.
- The winners will be selected randomly (if there are more than 50).
- You have from now until January 1st to enter.
There’s a pretty strong chance of getting a t-shirt out of this, and it doesn’t matter where you are.
New Users Register Here: soluto.com/htg
Existing Users Email Here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep reading for instructions on how to support another person using Soluto.
How to Support a Person Using Soluto
2.After downloading and registering to Soluto, users will be taken to their own PC view. Here they can get the feel of Soluto. In order to add another PC, they should click the blue home button to go to their Soluto dashboard.
3.Once in their Soluto dashboard, users will see a section for their own PCs, and a section for adding other people’s PCs. They can start adding someone else’s PC by clicking the “add someone” button.
4.Once you click on “add someone” an invitation will pop up. There, users can add the email of the family member or friend whose PC they’d like to support through Soluto.
5.Next, users can personalize the invitation. They can edit the message to tailor it to the person to whom they are sending the invite. Or, they can leave it as is. Then, users can select the relationship for the person they are inviting. They can also enter their phone number if they’d like, so that the person knows the invitation is really from them. Then, they click send.
6.The person being invited will receive the invitation via email. Here’s what it will look like on their end:
7.All this person needs to do is accept, and then download Soluto. They can start this process by clicking the green “start here” button in the email. This will only take a few minutes. In the meantime, you can check on the status of this person by going to your PC dashboard and finding their name and icon under “People I help”.
You can also change the avatar of your friend or relative by clicking on the icon with their name, and then the edit pencil.
8. Once the friend or relative has installed Soluto on their computer the user will be able to start managing their friend or relative’s PC from their PC dashboard. Here they can utilize Soluto’s features like cutting boot time by removing background apps, remotely installing apps like Skype and Dropbox, and defragging or clearing disk space in just a click.
So go ahead and enter the giveaway already!
Programmer by day, geek by night, The Geek, also known as Lowell Heddings, spends all his free time bringing you fresh geekery on a daily basis. You can follow him on Google+ if you'd like.
- Published 12/24/12