This build is a Frankensteinish mixture of parts from computer mice, game controllers, and more–but the end result is a polished and plug-and-play controller suitable for a wide range of games.
The build comes to us courtesy of DIYer Gabe and his quest to build the ultimate controller for playing MMO and other computer games. Here’s his list of noteworthy features on the second version of his project:
- USB plug and play. Universally works with any PC game.
- Optical 1600 DPI trackball mouse, with backlit scroll wheel.
- Screw in detachable analog stick for the D-pad. Great for games like WoW or anything where all you do is hold forward (W) for hours.
- D-pad uses mouse micro switches for a quick, light, tactile response. I love this D-pad. Every D-pad should use these switches.
- Both triggers, as well as the left and right bumpers use mouse micro switches as well.
- Keyboard has all PC functions, and is backlit for playing at night.
- 10 foot long braided USB cord. Long enough for using in the living room to play games with a huge TV. It also doesn’t tangle which is sweet.
- No hot glue! Everything has it’s own custom made board with screwposts. This way it is easily serviceable should someone get nacho bits in the buttons.
For more information about the build including plenty of pictures and a parts list, hit up the link below.